by Betsy Hicks
The most widely eaten breakfast food in the world is barely known in the United States. Try this warm, delicious comfort food of Asia and Africa.
- 3/4 cup broken, short grain, or sushi rice
- 2 1/2 quarts bone broth
- Tamari Sauce or Coco Aminos
- 2 Green onions
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh ginger
- Sesame oil
- Seaweed Gomasio or Furikake (optional)
- Leftover meat or fish (optional)
- Rinse and drain rice
- Put the rice in a pot/rice cooker with the bone broth and bring to boil. Cover allowing some steam to escape and lower heat. Simmer gently for one to one and a half hours, stirring every 15 minutes if not using a rice cooker, until the grains have burst open.
- Serve with tamari sauce, green onion, fresh ginger, and sesame oil
- Top with meat, fish, or egg of your choice